What is Managed WiFi?
In a managed business WiFi solution, a service provider engineers, installs and manages an organization’s WiFi infrastructure. Your IT staff doesn’t have to worry about performing time-consuming and complex functions, such as configuring equipment, maintaining network performance, upgrading WiFi capabilities, troubleshooting issues or providing end-user support.
Managed WiFi solutions offer end-to-end wireless connectivity so your business can provide seamless WiFi access anywhere across the enterprise. Businesses within a variety of industries rely on managed WiFi, including healthcare, education, hospitality, multi-dwelling units, retail, manufacturing and outdoor venues.
Features of Managed WiFi
An effective managed WiFi solution will offer a wide range of meaningful features:
- Fully managed, end-to-end wireless network connectivity.
- Extends your wireless LAN without adding cabling or management costs.
- Design, configuration, installation, management, support and upgrades.
- Connections and networks are monitored around-the-clock from the service provider’s network operations center.
- A customer portal provides capabilities for monitoring network availability, performance and efficiency.
- Wireless endpoints installed on-site are compatible with 802.11n and 802.11ac wireless standards, as well as the 802.af/at Power over Ethernet standard. In addition, compatibility with 802.11ac ensures support for Gbps+ speeds.
- Uses a server-based virtual controller that separates the control and data planes. This separation automatically balances loads among endpoints. If an endpoint becomes disabled, automatic failover is ensured.
- Firmware and software updates are done seamlessly by the service provider.
Benefits of Managed WiFi
- Frees Staff – When you remove the burden of managing an on-premises WiFi infrastructure, your staff can concentrate on more strategic initiatives. You and your employees won’t have to worry about keeping up with next-gen technology or spending valuable time learning about new hardware and software. They also aren’t burdened with providing 24×7 support. A good provider will offer dedicated IT support, help desk end user support and proactive infrastructure monitoring.
- Improves Productivity – When your employees can access company resources wirelessly, they can work from a variety of locations.
- Minimizes Capital Investments – Because the service provider owns the network infrastructure, your business does not need to incur significant capital expenditures. You can avoid investing in costly hardware, software, technology upgrades and dedicated IT staffing resources to manage the WiFi infrastructure. Most service providers use a monthly subscription managed WiFi pricing So, you pay an affordable operating expense each month.
- Centralizes Management – If your business has dispersed locations, such as branch offices and retail locations, you can manage your WiFi connectivity from a centralized portal.
- Allows for Growth – Managed WiFi offers scalability that lets you expand your network. You can affordably support increases in customer and employee wireless devices.
- Enhances Security – With an experienced provider, managed WiFi solutions protect your wireless network and offer critical security measures, including user authentication. Endpoints incorporating advanced technology will provide stateful firewalls to ensure network integrity.
- Improves Reliability – The best managed WiFi solutions will have no single point of failure. With heavy traffic, loads can be automatically transferred to other access points.
To learn more about business WiFi solutions, download FairPoint Communications’ white paper titled “How Virtual Wireless LAN Solutions Transform Business Operations.”
To arrange a complimentary, no-obligation consultation or a demo, please contact us, or call 1-866-984-3001 today.