Top 16 Benefits of Cloud-Based Call Center Solutions
Because inbound customer calls are critical to business success, you need to make the most of every phone interaction. Fortunately, today’s call center solutions provide sophisticated technology to help enhance the customer experience. Although traditional hardware-based systems can be complex and costly, you have another option – cloud-based call center solutions.
A cloud-based call center is designed to reduce costs, add advanced functionality, boost agent performance and improve customer service. Businesses of all types and sizes, along with their customers, will benefit from a wide range of tools and services. The following list highlights 16 impactful benefits of hosted call center solutions:
- Adjustment to Demand – With a cloud-based call center, you can leverage advanced features that enable new capabilities for your organization. You can pick and choose the features that will make the biggest impact on your operation — capabilities that allow you to adjust the number of agents, change scripts, streamline call routing, and more. With the right mix, your business is better positioned to meet current and future customer demands.
- Ability to Distribute Agents – Cloud-based call centers enable global delivery of on-demand service. With multi-location capability, your call center isn’t limited to one central location. Your customers gain anywhere, anytime access to your agents and you can distribute call center resources to agents whether they’re in the office, on the road or working from home.
- Rapid Deployment – On-premises call center solutions are complex and capital-intensive. You must deploy a complete infrastructure, including hardware, software, telephony services and more. On the other hand, a cloud-based call center requires no special infrastructure – you can be up and running in a matter of days instead of weeks or months.
- Advanced Functionality – With a cloud-based call center, you won’t face the same budgetary constraints associated with on-premises solutions. Regardless of size, your business can take advantage of all the functionality previously reserved for only the largest of organizations. Some examples of the leading-edge features available include:
- Skills-based routing that matches callers with the agents who can best serve them.
- Multi-channels combining telephony, email, chat and more in one application.
- Real-time monitoring to help stay on top of your operation.
- CRM integration with top industry applications.
- Desktop sharing so agents can control customer desktops.
- IVR to quickly connect callers with agents.
- CTI applications, such as “screen pops” that produce the caller’s information on the agent’s screen as the call comes in.
- Call recording to train and coach agents.
- Simplified Remote Agents – Having your agents work at home becomes a reality with a cloud-based call center solution. Web-based applications require only a computer or computing device and a broadband connection – no additional hardware is required. The same services available at the central call center can be accessed from any location. In addition, customers can access services with a single phone number for the distributed call center locations.
- Comprehensive Reporting – Real-time and historical reporting helps companies gain detailed insight into a variety of functions, including customer habits, agent performance, call volume and more. This feedback allows call center managers to identify the areas that require attention. By monitoring performance and productivity, managers can make changes as needed, including adjusting staffing, service levels, agent training, technology configurations, etc.
- Simplified Call Recording — On-demand or random call recordings help managers coach their agents. These applications allow you to retrieve and play back recorded calls, select calls for quality management, and listen to calls live. The most advanced call recording features allow calls to be recorded even for remote agents
- Increased Growth Potential — More efficient call center operations and better customer service lay the foundation to help you grow your business. For example, cloud-based call center solutions promote growth by:
- Providing thorough training so agents can appropriately handle any situation that may arise.
- Supplying the best tools available so agents can assist customers in the best manner possible.
- Reducing wait times so customers don’t become frustrated and consider competitive solutions.
- Reviewing service so you can ensure agents are meeting customer expectations.
- Business Continuity Planning – With a cloud-based model, your call center technology is houses in the provider’s data center, protecting it from on-premises business disruptions. Customer calls can be answered even if the corporate site is experiencing a power outage or some other type of disruption. In addition, an experienced provider will provide the support to design, test and implement your disaster recovery plan so your customer calls never go unanswered.
- Limited Capital Required — Cloud-based call centers don’t require any upfront capital expenditure. Companies can choose the services they want and pay only for what they need. Compared to on-premises solutions, hosted call centers provide a better return on investment – set-up, equipment, support and infrastructure management is included in the service. As a result, they’re typically easier to budget for and provide greater cost certainty. You won’t tie up valuable capital in hardware purchases.
- Reduced Development Costs – Cloud-based call centers don’t require you to staff specialized IT resources to deploy, manage and upgrade the solution. Your monthly subscription fee covers your solution and support.
- Scalability – A big advantage of a cloud-based call center is being able to easily scale up or down. If you need more seats, you simply add them. If you need fewer seats, you can reduce your capacity. With a hardware-based on-premises system, you may be required to install more hardware and/or software to handle the increased call flow. And if the call flow decreases, you’ve now paid for seats and agents that will go unused. Scalability lets you effectively manage seasonal fluctuations, growth and contractions.
- Multi-Site Administration – Hosted call centers offer an on-demand solution for provisioning agent workforces. You can support individual call centers as well as distributed multi-site locations. Regardless of the number or geographic location of sites, your call center will function as a single operation.
- Core Competencies – The right service provider will function as an extension of your IT staff. The provider will do all the heavy lifting pertaining to hardware, software and infrastructure management. By handling all the call center technology, your team can focus on strategic initiatives.
- Payroll Savings – Hosted solutions minimize the number of in-house staff required to maintain your call center. Fewer internal, specialized resources are needed for your call center infrastructure management. As a result, you may be able to save on payroll costs. Or, you can re-assign IT personnel to other priority projects.
- Reduction in Toll Charges – Hosted call center solutions are housed in the cloud. So, calls are transported using Internet Protocol. IP-based calls can help reduce your long-distance charges.
The right service provider will offer a cloud-based call center solution that provides these 16 benefits and more. You’ll get a solution tailored to your unique requirements, yet delivered in an on-demand cloud model. A hosted call center will reduce your capital costs and provide the tools to improve agent productivity and enhance the customer experience.
To learn more about cloud-based call center solutions, download FairPoint Communications’ latest white paper titled “No Hardware: Making the Case for a Cloud Contact Center.”
By providing more streamlined, intelligent and cost-efficient solutions, FairPoint Communications helps businesses of any size get the most from their voice applications. FairPoint offers two voice options: Hosted PBX and SIP Trunking. A cloud-based voice service, FairPoint’s Hosted PBX eliminates capital investments in telecommunications equipment. SIP Trunking leverages an organization’s existing on-premises equipment by connecting it to FairPoint’s advanced softswitch network. Both options simplify network requirements, provide access to enhanced features and lower operational costs.
For more information on FairPoint Hosted PBX or SIP Trunking solutions, visit http://business.fairpoint.com/advanced-business-services/voice-services/.