VoIP Providers Can Help Your Business Be More Efficient
Hosted VoIP providers offer their customers an advanced phone system that’s based on Voice over Internet Protocol technology. VoIP phone systems can use an Internet or private Ethernet connection rather than a traditional phone line to transmit and receive phone calls. The user experiences no difference in placing or receiving a call – it’s the same process as a regular landline call.
VoIP systems are known for providing innovative functionality that can enhance the efficiency of your business operation. And, becoming more efficient often leads to saving money.
Some of the ways VoIP providers can help improve your operational efficiency include:
- Increased convenience and mobility – Users can use their mobile phone just like an office desktop phone. They can access the same phone system features from the road that they can while in the office. Examples include conference calling, call forwarding, call transfer, follow-me and more.
- Simplified inter-office communication – Messaging features can dramatically cut the volume of email employees send and receive. In addition, an auto attendant can route calls to the correct destination without requiring a receptionist to intervene. Automatic call distributor / cloud contact center features and music-on-hold systems also streamline your operations.
- Dependable disaster recovery – If the VoIP provider’s Internet connection goes down, a back-up server will keep the VoIP phone system functioning. This redundancy ensures your phone service remains operational even when Internet service is disrupted.
- Easy administration – Compared to traditional phone systems, hosted VoIP calling platforms are much easier to manage. Your VoIP provider will maintain all the system and network components and keep them up-to-date. With point and click online tools, you can easily configure the capabilities of your specific solution.
- Uninterrupted workflow – Many VoIP providers offer computer softphone applications. If you’re working on your laptop and a call comes in, you don’t need to switch from your keyboard to your desktop phone. You simply take the call from your laptop.
- Increased productivity tools – By using many of the features that come standard with your VoIP service, you can improve your staff’s productivity. For example, the do-not-disturb feature allows employees to keep working uninterrupted. Call screening lets workers see who’s calling before answering so they can decide if a call requires an immediate response. Using voicemail to email transcription, your staff can more easily prioritize return calls.
- Informative call reporting – Many VoIP providers offer analytical tools to help you better understand your phone traffic. You can retrieve valuable information to improve the efficiency of your phone system, network and employees.
VoIP providers can offer countless benefits to improve your company’s efficiency. When professionally designed, your system can make it easier to communicate while away from the office, perform administrative tasks, handle office communications and analyze call traffic.
By providing more streamlined, intelligent and cost-efficient solutions, FairPoint Communications helps businesses of any size get the most from their voice applications. FairPoint offers two voice options: Hosted PBX and SIP Trunking. A cloud-based voice service, FairPoint’s Hosted PBX eliminates capital investments in telecommunications equipment. SIP Trunking leverages an organization’s existing on-premises equipment by connecting it to FairPoint’s advanced softswitch network. Both options simplify network requirements, provide access to enhanced features and lower operational costs.
For more information on FairPoint Hosted PBX or SIP Trunking solutions, visit http://business.fairpoint.com/advanced-business-services/voice-services/.