Benefits of VoIP for Your Business
Since companies still use phones regularly for daily communication, reliable voice service remains a basic business requirement. In the past, proprietary phone systems were costly and complicated, as well as challenging to install and scale to a changing business environment. Fortunately, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology offers an alternative.
Some of the benefits of VoIP include:
- Simple Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance – In a hosted VoIP solution, the IP phones are plug and play. Your users gain access to phone service quickly and easily. Generally, IP phones represent the only hardware needed on-site for most applications.
With many hosted VoIP solutions, a web-based portal allows you to self-configure your phone system. If you need to add, move or change user parameters, you can do so easily with a few clicks. You maintain significant control over the operation of your solution and can customize your telephony options.
- Easy Scaling – If you add employees, you can simply and affordably add a new phone line. Conversely, if you remove employees, you can eliminate the phone line. Hosted VoIP makes it easy to match the number of phone lines to your business requirements at any point in time.
Unlike a traditional on-premises phone system, hosted VoIP doesn’t require you to estimate your phone needs well into the future. If you miscalculate, you won’t incur extra expenses for unused phone lines or be without the capacity you need.
- A Full Range of Advanced Features – In a hosted VoIP scenario, your business gains access to the same advanced features that come with an expensive on-premises phone system. Hosted solutions often include traditional features such as call hold, call transfer, call routing, call forwarding, do not disturb, hold music, and conferencing. Several providers also offer sophisticated features like voicemail to email transcription, auto attendant, automatic call distribution, call center coaching tools, call recording, and find me/follow me service.
- Cost Savings for Businesses of All Sizes – Traditional on-premises phone systems require complicated configuration. Greater complexity leads to more time-consuming, expensive installation, maintenance, and repairs. Hosted VoIP allows you to save on these costs.
Also, hosted VoIP solutions eliminate significant capital investments in on-premises phone equipment. Instead, you pay a low monthly fee for access to your service provider’s network and phone system.
- Smooth Integration with Business Applications – Your VoIP-based phone service can integrate with your other business applications, such as email clients and customer relationship management. This integration allows your users to place outbound calls through contact managers, bring up customer records for an inbound caller, and access your voicemail through your email account.
- Greater Worker Mobility – With a hosted phone system, employees aren’t tied to their office desk. They can make and receive phone calls from their mobile phone just as if they’re in the office. Your staff can travel, work from home or be anywhere with an Internet connection and be within reach. They can also leverage much of the same phone system functionality while outside the office.
- Peace-of-Mind Security and Reliability – The best service providers house their hosted phone system in secure data centers. They invest heavily in sophisticated infrastructure and technical staff resources. With an experienced provider, you can receive the highest levels of availability, voice quality, and overall performance.
Given the many benefits of VoIP, organizations of all types and sizes are migrating to hosted voice solutions. With a hosted VoIP solution, you can address the most critical issues facing your business. The right service provider will help you unlock the full potential of your phone service, so you improve competitiveness and achieve your business goals.
By providing more streamlined, intelligent and cost-efficient solutions, FairPoint Communications helps businesses of any size get the most from their voice applications. FairPoint offers two Hosted VoIP options: Hosted PBX and SIP Trunking. A cloud-based voice service, FairPoint’s Hosted PBX eliminates capital investments in telecommunications equipment. SIP Trunking leverages an organization’s existing on-premise equipment by connecting it to FairPoint’s advanced Softswitch network. Both options simplify network requirements, provide access to enhanced features and lower operational costs.
For more information on FairPoint Hosted VoIP or SIP Trunking solutions, contact us today.