Why Municipalities Consider Faster Internet Access
An Ethernet-based Internet connection can provide municipalities with the bandwidth necessary to support employees and resident-facing initiatives. But, just how fast a connection your municipality needs will depend on your specific requirements.
As you assess your requirements, here’s a list of reasons why municipalities consider faster Ethernet connections:
- Support existing online services for employees and the public
- Ensure that bandwidth is available – without bottlenecks – to support the rollout of new services to employees and the public
- Provide faster access to support a wide variety of online and cloud-based applications
- Improve productivity through faster completion of projects when the speed of the Internet connection determines how quickly online tasks are completed
- Allow faster processing of ever-increasing email accounts
- Leverage high-bandwidth applications, such as video and/or audio streaming
- Run updated antivirus software and install security updates in a timely manner
- Improve collaboration of municipal employees through faster file sharing
- Enhance mobility and “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) initiatives
- Enable efficient remote user access
So many functions of a municipal operation depend on Internet access. Without fast Internet connections, you’re placing your employees and constituents at a distinct disadvantage.
For more information on how advanced technology services can help Gov/Ed organizations, download FairPoint Communications’ new white paper. This informative resource discusses how your organization can use IT investments to overcome challenges and accomplish goals. Titled, “Using Next Generation Technology Services to Solve IT Budget Challenges,” this new white paper outlines how investments in data, voice, data center and managed IT services can actually improve your organization’s financial situation.
To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation from an experienced Gov/Ed sales representative, contact FairPoint Communications at 1-866-984-3001. For more information on FairPoint’s technology services, visit our website.