The Challenges of Aging IT Infrastructures for Government and Education Organizations
Many government and education (Gov/Ed) organizations are burdened with supporting and maintaining legacy systems, technologies, equipment and applications. These outdated infrastructures can cause major issues. For example, antiquated infrastructures make it difficult for Gov/Ed organizations to:
- Retain the necessary levels of IT staff, given many employees tasked with managing legacy systems are retiring Baby Boomers
- Integrate disparate solutions and technologies into a cohesive infrastructure
- Handle the increased data traffic from bandwidth-intensive applications, such as online video streaming
- Increase the mobility capabilities of Gov/Ed workers
- Enhance service levels to the public through new technology initiatives, including social media, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), big data analytics, cloud and more
- Lower the cost of Gov/Ed services
- Maximize limited available resources
- Improve the level of transparency into IT activities and their associated costs
- Improve the level of transparency into government activities
- Create stronger security measures that can thwart breaches and mitigate the effects of power outages
Modernizing an IT infrastructure allows Gov/Ed organizations to become more flexible and efficient. Advanced technology services, such as data, voice, data center and managed IT services, may better position Gov/Ed entities to respond more quickly to changing conditions and help them capitalize on new opportunities. These investments will provide a next-gen platform for current and future applications that can actually help save Gov/Ed organizations money.
For more information on how advanced technology services can help Gov/Ed organizations, download FairPoint Communications’ new white paper. This informative resource discusses how your organization can use IT investments to overcome challenges and accomplish goals. Titled, “Using Next Generation Technology Services to Solve IT Budget Challenges,” this new white paper outlines how investments in data, voice, data center and managed IT services can actually improve your organization’s financial situation.
To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation from an experienced Gov/Ed sales representative, contact FairPoint Communications at 1-866-984-3001. For more information on FairPoint’s technology services, visit our website.