The Importance of Speed and Connectivity in a Data Center Network
When selecting a data center colocation solution, businesses need to carefully evaluate the data center network in terms of reach and technology. Answering these specific questions will help you get a clear understanding of the provider’s network advantage:
- Does the provider offer an integrated data center solution and network? In other words, can you work with a single vendor for a “one-stop-shopping” experience?
- What is the extent of the fiber footprint?
- How many route-miles of fiber does the Ethernet-based network contain?
- How many access points are available and what population centers do they cover?
- How many organizations have access to the provider’s network?
- What’s the percentage of broadband availability in your region?
- Is the network technology optimized for next-generation services?
- What are the available speeds for the Ethernet service?
- What’s the level of network resiliency – or guaranteed percentage of core network availability?
- How much has the provider invested in its network services?
- Is the provider’s team highly skilled and have the necessary expertise in advanced network technologies?
- Can the provider customize a solution to your specific requirements?
FairPoint’s data centers provide organizations with network connectivity and rack space in physically secure, reliable locations. Businesses can use this space as primary or secondary data center sites. In addition, data center colocation space can also be employed as an essential part of a comprehensive disaster recovery strategy. FairPoint’s data centers are strictly controlled environments with essential power, cooling, connectivity and physical security features – including continuous video monitoring and keycard access at ingress points.
For data center colocation services that address your remote storage, off-site IT and disaster recovery requirements, visit www.fairpoint.com/businessclassdatacenter.
You can also download our latest infographic, “How to Choose the Right Data Center Provider” for additional information about data center network connectivity.